Already I see trees on top of cars , lights around my neighbours homes , and off course plenty of decorations for sale at my local shops. Where I now live (Florida) it's still too warm though to feel very 'wintery', to me it could be just out of summer going on to fall. I grew up in the Netherlands , so I'm used to four distinct seasons, something which I absolutely love . I love exercising outdoors in the cold , give me running in -20c above running in +20c anytime! I just love the cold clean crisp air , especially in the mornings :) This month I'm likely to be making a lot of soups , one of my favorite from traditional Dutch cooking is so called "erwten soep ", just plain pea soup , but delicious none the less ! It can be made vegetarian by replacing the meat with some meat substitute , though I prefer to just leave the meat out, the substitutes don't cut it. Today I made pumpkin soup , which is also very nice , and healthy , and so easy to make! If you have any favorite cold weather recipes do share them with me , and I shall try them and let you know how it turned out :)
No comments:
Post a Comment