Sunday, November 27, 2011

British comedies

Who else here loves all those classical old British comedy series? My favorite by far has to be "Allo Allo " , it's just absolutely genius the plot , how all the episodes connect and it all just makes perfect sense which makes it even more funny. And I love the setting , a quiant French little village during the second world war (it's cozy! ). This scene is just perfect , it is when Renee (who runs the cafe) has to watch for signals from Le clerk (the towns forger) , and  luietentant Gruber comes and messes it up :)



Also brilliant are Fawlty Towers, Are you being served, The good life, To the manor born, Keeping up appearances,  Blackadder, The vicar of Dibley, and  Bottom :)  
I remember watching these during the 80's and 90's before I had internet, and me and my mom would watch all these episodes saturday night. Not of every series, I think it may have been two or three at least , and to me they are still just as funny as back then.
I don't even watch tv anymore nowadays, I have just completly given up on it.
Too many ads, and not enough interesting content! 
More tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment